Since the school years of childhood, but perhaps to think of it, even while those of the nest, our house was invaded daily by a huge amount of paper , under different forms of touching, vibrant, beautiful and eclectic art forms of expression.
The initial joy and the miraculous feeling of being able to touch, the power and capacity of our young artists iconography of the house, which accoglievamo initially enraptured expression and cries of wonder, with the passage of time, he left as the place to smiles and happy faces always a bit ‘more concerned that the time already pregustavano little sublime in which, those wonderful jobs, those fun and colorful amplification of the self-changing of our children would have to enter force pushes accortacciamenti and lightning raids and decided, in our, by now, too small, closet hobby.
Oh yes, because now, of space, there no more and despite our good intentions, piles of paper stacked on the desk stand designed , waiting to be looked at with due attention and then being placed in some ring binders, now overflowing, I am sorry admit it, of perhaps too many wonderful works of art of our children.
How to happen to many parents, find extreme discomfort to part with these memories , particular expressions and shiny testimonies of the different stages of their childhood, of specific moments in their lives of children, but also that of us parents.
Yes, because many of those drawings, they helped us on many occasions, to feel more united and grow together as a family for a long time in fact, during the years of the pre-school, the designs of our children have played a role in so to speak, letters, or have allowed us as parents, to read those iconographic traits, as if they were real letters, through which our children are talking and communicating with us in a very effective . Through this interview is not written, but in fact, designed, we knew a lot about the state of their souls, their hardships, their questions. And not only that. Their designs in fact, there have only shown what was and made their world, but just as often , had the task of mostarci what was not there, that was missing and that he needed to find his way out and come forward.
Therefore, addressing the fateful moment when, inevitably, we must also deal with the need to make a selection, it is not for me thing.
But not for this, I do ‘pervinta. Like everywhere else, the important thing is clear ideas and start with small steps.
Reflecting a little on the issue, in fact, I realized that I had about being too emotionally confused , which led me to keep everything, in the name of an idea of the past but a bit ‘too theoretical and, certainly, a bit ‘too superficial.
consciously move the focus from the negative feeling, totally understandable, detachment from the past to the positive instead of the opening confident towards the future , has allowed me to actually keep only one who has a real value, not only as an element of the past, which concerns the childhood of our children, but also as an element that can tell us a lot about our present again as a family.
Use these parameters we are using, to take care of the most important memories and to ensure that they, and only they, have to actually be preserved with due care and attention.
1. Collect the drawings into a single point in the home. Ok, it is not elegant, but as the Americans say, an elephant is eaten one bite at a time. And if you do not know how big this elephant, will be completely diffcile understand how many bites you should eat it! We chose a corner of a room near a window. The battery makes us feel, but the fact that it is quite visible to our eyes all day, makes us always remember that this is a task to take care of as soon as there is occasion.
2. From that pile of papers, we started, in small bites, in fact, to make a selection , eliminating designs that can actually be trashed, which are not you have particular memory or that there seem to be more sighnificativi.
3. After this (lunga!) phase, begin to divide drawings by author and then by period precise (some had previously affixed to the date) or orientation (year or season). This task, which seems hard to say, it is really easy, if we have done a good job in preserving only the designs that we have memory!
4. With the group selected sheets in hand, we can proceed to aupicabilmente digital scanning of them. We intend to devote a specific folder on your hard drive and make a backup copy of DVD or dedicated keys, dividing into sub-folders by period and author.
Convert to digital works will allow us to have many designs on hand and you can even work on it, presenting perhaps in a digital editing to be reviewed on-screen, as in a virtual art gallery.
5. And the originals? Depending on the number of scans, we will decide whether to proceed or save them all to a further selection of originals (50 to child?), Giving them new life (in a binder with a clear file divided by year and author), or choose to frame them rolling in their room.
6. Advantage for the future : certainly hope that this method will help us to better evaluate and weigh the designs of recent production, keeping only the works that respond to the ideas expressed above, making a selection at the moment and putting only those to be retained, author, year, before scanning them.
And you? What methods used to preserve (and not be constrained by) the family memories